Monday 8 November 2010

Post office 3rd November

Started today by trying some new design ideas by experimenting with wood blocks from the print room. I started to experiment with 3 different types of wood block, a condensed typeface, a serif type and a sans serif typeface. I experimented with all of these typefaces in different formats and layouts, but i stayed with the condensed style typeface that you can see to the right. I decide to call the venue No.35 as i thought it showed the sophication of the venue as to calling it "The Post Office"
During my 1-2-1 tutorial with Barney, he talked about my logo being to similar to the one of Jack Daniels and that people who would be going to the Post Office may not want to be associated with Jack Daniels, he suggested that I experiment with different typefaces and layouts. In next weeks lecture he said we would need to do a presentation of our work to date, he gave me a checklist of things i needed to complete;
  1. layout the different section of my folder in accordance with the brief.
  2. Reference system so i only have to reference once on a single page.
  3. Annotation of logo research.
  4. Annotation of Initial designs.
  5. Research into artists that influence me.
  6. complete market research.
  7. Play with logos more.
  8. research business stationary.

No comments:

Post a Comment