Tuesday 23 November 2010

Post Office 17th november

My main goal for today was to have a completed logo for the Post Office. I initially decided to try different formats and layout with the wood block prints, I have chosen to continue using the wood block prints in my logo because I believe they show a sophisticated and modern look. I originally considered the notion of wood block prints when I was reflecting back on the visit we had from Kerry Ostermeyer. Kerry works for a design company called KO creative, which is based in Stafford, They have produced work for companies across the country, big and small. The one piece of work that interested me the most was that of Mr Popple's. Mr Popple's creates chocolate from organic ingredients, he approached KO with the idea of a new brand for the company. KO came up with the idea of printing the logo on to the packets using a rubber stamp. You can find my blog entries overlooking the talk under "KO Creative talk - 12.10.10".

I think this brief will help me in my future work and studies, using traditional methods like the wood block prints has made be realise that the computer is not a essential part of designing but a tool in aiding designs.

Individually we also received the aid of ex-students who studied the Foundation Degree last year, who are currently working freelance along side their BA Hons in Graphic Design at Staffs Uni. I considered this to be a advantage and appreciated their help from the start. They also brought with them their folder and design work for the Post Office which we are currently working though. Having analysed their folder work it  made me realise that it was essential for me to progress in my research work and further my annotation and initial designs skills.














No comments:

Post a Comment