Monday 22 November 2010

Iain/Simon 15th November/ 22 Novmber

I was not enthusiastic about the first format I discovered from the "Magazine Design" so I decided to change to a different idea similar to the picture on the left. The layout below consists of a grid system,















I started off by creating a grid in InDesign itself, and I made sure the picture and text stayed in line with the grid. Every page in my InDesign document is fairly consistent, keeping the text in the bottom right within the grid system and the having the pictures and main headers bleed off the page.
This is the initial pencil drawing for my layout
I feel it was worth spending time trying out 2-3 different layout for my page as once I had the layout implemented I could easily place all of the text and imagery into place.















extract from plan for Journey book
I felt it appropriate that I should start a plan for my journey book, so that I would not be designing the pages from memory. I acknowledge that this has helped me from the start, I think that I should implement a plan for all of my future briefs to aid me with time management.

Overall I feel I am on target to finish for deadline for my experiemtal and Journey work, but Im behind on my InDesign document.

No comments:

Post a Comment