Monday 4 October 2010

The Russian Constructivists

In today's lecture we looked at Russian Constructivism and the Russian Revolution. I have learnt that the Constructivists were a art movement in Russia connected with what was happening in Russia at that time, their key aims were to preserve the past and may way for a new type of art. After the revolution art was being made that had never been seen before.

The objective of this lecture was to get us to properly use the Harvard Referencing System.
For me, the most important aspect of the lecture was not just practicing the Harvard Referencing System, which I am still quite confused about, but learning how the Constructivist Artists worked and wanted to change the face of art after the Revolution.

Having read the papers on the Contrusivists i have now realised that their work may influence me in my designs in the future. I have attached some work by the constructivists to the bottom of this post that i like.

No comments:

Post a Comment