Tuesday 12 October 2010

'Post Office Brief' 06/10/10

In today's lecture we started our initial research into the history of the 'Post Office', history of the building itself and logo designs. I decided to look for existing logos and example of design systems, Looking for example of design systems was more difficult. I focused on researching into existing logos, the logos I found were from design books from the Library, I have attached some example to the bottom of this blog. I have placed an example of a design system into my research that is wine orientated I deiced to research into this to remind myself with the concept throughout my designs.


REFERENCES: Carter, D(2002) The Big Book Of Logos, Harper Collins, USA


Overall having analysed my research I have designed 8 logos using traditional methods, but I feel need more examples of logo and type design to enable me to create a logo the client is looking for.  












 REFERENCE: Morgan, L.C.(1999) Logos, A Rotovision Book, Switzerland

No comments:

Post a Comment