Wednesday 13 October 2010

niel 13 october

After 3 weeks of hard-core Harvard Referencing i can now say I have mastered it, Today we were presented with a new brief to take us through to mid November. The brief was to research a German Graphic Designer, with enough research to be able to produce a power-point presentation to present to the rest of the group. The idea of researching the German Graphic Designer was that whilst on our trip to Berlin we would be able to track some of their work down in museums and galleries we visit, which for me could be an advantage as the designer I have chosen is the Graphic Design and Typographer Erik Spiekermann who has offices based in Berlin. When given the task of researching a designer I automatically chose Spiekermann as i know a vast amount about him having written an essay on him before.


Spiekermann has featured in many journals for example; Computer Art, Computer Arts Project and Creative Review, this proves really significant as the designer must be academically referenced. 

After reflecting on the choice of my designer, I think that I have chosen the easy option my choosing a designer that I'm already familiar with. I think in the future I should broaden my chose, if i continue to use the same designer for all of my project I will not learn about new designers working in the industry. I am still yet to email Erik Speikermann, so i may need to research other designers if I do not receive an email back from him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment