Monday 14 February 2011

14th - 18th February (reading week)

As this is reading week and my first week back from my operation I have decided to reflect on the week as a whole, stating the work I have completed, as opposed to having a reflective paragraph on each module I am undertaking.

My main focus for this week has been the YCN brief, I have deiced to undertake the Boost brief.
I was confused to begin with, but I feel I have now grasped the concepts of what would like the final outcome to be.

This brief is totally different to ones I have been issued with in the past. Briefs in the past have been along the lines of.... design a logo to suit a certain target market and apply it to various obejects, poster/branding/stationary, with hardly any constrants applyied.
Whereas in comparison to the Boost brief, I have a set of rules to abide to, including what logo to be used and how to use it, what typefaces should be used and what colour scheme I am to use.

Its these constrants that bring my out of my confort zone, I feel that I am limited to what I can do when desiging, and sometimes think that I could choose a better typefaces to use, but then I realise that its in the clients best interests to use what they would like to appear in the final outcome. Reflecting on this issue I feel that as a designer, when working in industry, I could face this problem on a regular basis and need to adapt to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment